sábado, 3 de julio de 2010

ME AS A TEACHER



I know it looks like a travel agency ad, but I wanted to upload this image since Ireland meant the turning point for me before becoming a teacher. I studied and worked there for a while and I like to comment on the various cultures from the English speaking countries, specially the Irish one when teaching my students.
Apart from teaching English as a language, it is interesting for me to mention the cultural context, providing activities that help students to know a little bit about the English, Irish, American culture so that they can feel identified with the native English speakers.
Technology plays an important role in my teaching, even though I am still learning on new resources to introduce variety in my lessons. Up to know I have used some websites to learn English, some video recordings about oral presentations as well as DVD movies or youtube videoclips from music bands. That's all for now. I am willing to create my own blog and introduce different activities so my students get a nice kick from learning English.

1 comentario:

  1. I always try to comment on something about the British and American culture with my students. At the end, they are learning their language and the language is part of their culture. I even teach cultural aspects to my students in primary. They like it a lot.

    ResponderEliminar